How to Make a ‘No-Bake’ Cannabis-Infused Cheesecake
Guest post by Jennifer Gallagher
Buds from pot seeds can be treasure mines of flavour, but edibles are even better. Doesn’t a slice of weed-infused cheesecake sound like a delicious way to get high?
You won’t want to use your oven in the summer heat - and you don’t have to. Read on to discover an easy no-bake cheesecake recipe and make a fresh, creamy dessert with a fun twist.
Step 1: Create Cannabutter
Baking with cannabis flower is simple, but you can’t mix a bunch of buds into your batter and call it a day. Marijuana releases its oils at specific temperatures, and you need access to them to feel the effects. The first step is to extract the feel-good chemicals and fuse them with regular butter.
This process is similar to combining ground weed with a fatty substance to make cannabis tea if slightly more intricate. You need to brew butter with oil for the no-bake infused cheesecake. Once you have this ingredient, you can make the rest of the recipe without touching the stove.
How to Decarb Your Cannabis
Start by heating - i.e. “decarbing” your weed. Decarboxylation is a scientific term for heating your cannabis to activate its psychoactive potential. It’s simpler than it sounds.
You will need:
1 cup of cannabis buds
1 cup of butter
Total time: Approx. 4 hours
- Preheat your oven to 245ºF
- Remove flowers but don’t discard the stems; they make excellent tea.
- Place the buds on a non-stick tray.
- Set the timer for 35 minutes and leave your cannabis buds to bake. Then let them cool for another hour.
2. Grind the Decarbed Buds
Don’t chuck your baked buds into butter! You need to coarsely grind them to kickstart the release of THC and CBD. Employ our four-layer grinder, which lets you preserve the kief and use it for other recipes, or to decorate your cake.
3. Infuse the Butter
You’re now ready to make the star ingredient of your cheesecake:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Pro-tip: Prevent butter from burning by boiling a cup of water first.
- Add the decarbed cannabis when the butter melts. Stir until the weed spreads evenly.
- Let the mixture simmer on low heat for around two hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool, and then strain, using your cheesecloth, into a glass jar.
- Store the cannabis butter somewhere cool and dark until ready to use.
Step 2: Prepare the Cake
Once you have your weed butter ready, it’s time to make the canna cheesecake. These ingredients leave you with a sweet and creamy cheesecake. You can let your creativity shine while decorating or add extra ingredients once you master the basic recipe.
- 20 graham crackers
- 1 cup of cannabis butter
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 14-ounce can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 mins
Yield: Make one 9-inch cake
The crust needs to condense and cool for your no-bake weed-infused cheesecake, so it’s best to make it first.
- Put the graham crackers in a large resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine crumbs form.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl; stir in sugar. Add butter, and stir until well combined.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, spreading it 1 1/2 to 2 inches up the side; press flat. Chill crust in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl, as necessary. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the filling into the crust; smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Unclasp sides of pan, and remove cheesecake.
- Add toppings. Strawberries and mint are perfect for hot summer months, and toasty caramel creates a delectable wintery delight. Get creative here—you could sprinkle the kief from the grinder mixed with some powdered sugar on top or use a leaf or two as decor.
Share the Taste
This weed cheesecake recipe will blow your mind with its simplicity, flavour, and effects. Be sure to share it with friends. And as always, watch your dose. Edibles can be heavy-hitters, so start with a small slice to control the punch.
This easy recipe leaves you with a basic cheesecake to let your culinary creativity shine. Learn it, and then get experimenting in your kitchen. If you fall in love with marijuana cooking, why not buy seeds, grow plants, and keep a batch of cannabutter on hand?
Jennifer Gallagher, an experienced cannabis grower at SeedSupreme Seedbank. During a 7-year career in the marijuana growing business, Jennifer has gained a high competence in this field. As far as weed is concerned, she knows it all inside out. Jennifer is an expert in pot-growing, as well as cannabis types and their effects. She’s also familiar with all legislation nuances. LinkedIn